Professional Development Center Introduction
The Professional Development Center of SUIBE (SIFT) was formally established in April 2005. As the first such specialized center for professional development training set up by the university, it imported and renovated the three main concepts that has been widely applied overseas, namely, Post-graduate Training, ‘Last Mile’ Training and One-stop-shop Training Mall. After five years of development, we have now over 70 guest professors, all are senior experts either in the area of business or in the area of government management.
1. Career Planning and Development Training
This training is composed of five modules, altogether over sixty seminars. After attending required numbers of seminars, students will be able to receive a special certificate on Career Planning & Development Training and gain four credits.
The five modules and the topics of the seminars in each of the modules are shown as in table 1.
Table 1 Module breakdown of Career Planning& Development Training
2. Entrepreneurship Education
As the department responsible for setting up the platform for entrepreneurship education in SIFT, PDC is actively explore new relationships and new opportunities to cooperate with overseas partners to bring in the latest ideas and practices of entrepreneurship education all over the world and to apply them in such a way that this will contribute to the overall education principle of the university. Through forming a workshop-disciplinary courses-capstone practical courses chain, we want to benefit our students in three areas: entrepreneurship spirit, entrepreneurial knowledge and entrepreneurial skills, so that they can become competitive talents who have global vision and independent spirit and are willing to accept challenges and take risks.
In the areas of entrepreneurship education, our current businesses include:
(1) State Ministry of Education Project on the development of the model of entrepreneurship education;
(2) Shanghai Municipal Education Commission Project on developing of an international platform for entrepreneurship education;
(3) Participate in the Prime Minister Initiative Project of the British government with two universities in the UK-University of Central Lancashire and
(4) “Business Planning and Practice” Course cooperation with universities in
(5) Incubation and mentoring of student or alumni new businesses, etc.
3. Development Training for Mid-high Level Professionals and International Tests
In the area of professional training, our long term goal is to set up a high quality, comprehensive modern international “Training Mall”.
Current programs we offer:
(1) International certification training operated jointly with our partners;
(2) Career Development Training for students in other universities and those who are already in work;
(3) International Certification Tests-we are now a test center for both IELTS and TOFEL.
邮编：201600 传真：021-62596294 E-mail：email@example.com